Demo

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Salvete!  I have found the demo files in the directory:  neatupload-64527b53b17a\neatupload_64527b53b17a\dotnet\app\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload

but I am not sure how to view the demo.  I have the solution open in VS2010, but the demo is not included in the solution.  Can someone tell me how to view it without first installing it on my website?

May 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Never mind.  I figured it out and posted the answer at Stack Overflow:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10391657/how-to-install-neatupload/10400485#10400485

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM

did you get the control working fully? 
the upload itself is working for me but I can't get the progressbar to work, it doesn't work either the popup or inline.

I have copy-pasted the demo code form the latest source but still no luck.

Could you share what you have if you have got it working?

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Hello, Mr. rlee,

Well, I *think* I did finally get it working. It was really tricky, however. How far along are you with it now?

Brother Gabriel-Marie

On 6/20/2012 3:03 AM, rlee923 wrote:

did you get the control working fully?
the upload itself is working for me but I can't get the progressbar to work, it doesn't work either the popup or inline.

I have copy-pasted the demo code form the latest source but still no luck.

Could you share what you have if you have got it working?

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM

oh yeah I've got it working kind of.

I am just trying to figure out how to check and prevent the uploads of files that are bigger than the size limit before the full upload happens.

After inspecting the test uploads it seems like the size is being checked after the file is actually uploaded.

Any idea on this ?

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Mr. Lee,

There are two things that have to be done for size limits - there is a setting in iis, and there is an entry to make in your web.config. I set both of mine to the max so I could upload 500mb files. I am running my neatupload within sharepoint, so I created a folder in the root of the sharepont vss folder, then added it in iis7 on the server, and made it its own web application that runs under sharepoint's web application. That lets me have my own web.config just for the neatuploader, and I don't have to add the entries to (shudder) sharepoint's web.config.

Here is my web.config.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>

<configSections>
<section name="neatUpload"
type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.ConfigSectionHandler, Brettle.Web.NeatUpload"
allowLocation="true"
/>
</configSections>

<neatUpload xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008"
useHttpModule="true"
maxRequestLength="2097151"
/>

<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<!-- Not required for NeatUpload but makes it easier to debug in VS. -->
<compilation debug="true"/>

<!-- Always required to use any of NeatUpload's features. Without it, ProgressBars won't display and MultiFile will look like a regular HtmlInputFile. -->
<httpModules>
<add name="UploadHttpModule" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule,Brettle.Web.NeatUpload,Version=1.3.3798.663,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=c95290d92c5893c8" />
</httpModules>

<!-- Set these next 2 attributes large enough to accomodate the largest and longest running upload you want to support. Note that browsers and IIS typically don't support uploads larger than 2GB (2097151 KB). -->
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151" executionTimeout="999999"/>

</system.web>

<!-- For IIS7's Integrated Pipeline Mode which is used by the DefaultAppPool. -->
<system.webServer>
<security>
<requestFiltering>
<!-- Increased maxAllowedContentLength from default of 300MB. -->
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2147483648" />
</requestFiltering>
</security>
<modules>
<add name="UploadHttpModule" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule,Brettle.Web.NeatUpload,Version=1.3.3798.663,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=c95290d92c5893c8" preCondition="managedHandler"/>
</modules>
<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
</system.webServer>

<location path="vpnd.aspx">
<neatUpload useHttpModule="true" />
</location>

</configuration>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Gabriel-Marie

On 6/22/2012 2:39 AM, rlee923 wrote:

oh yeah I've got it working kind of.

I am just trying to figure out how to check and prevent the uploads of files that are bigger than the size limit before the full upload happens.

After inspecting the test uploads it seems like the size is being checked after the file is actually uploaded.

Any idea on this ?

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I got most of the web.config setup similar to what you have except the request filtering bit.

I will try this and let you know.

Thanks again!

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Mr. Lee,

I haven't looked at the project for awhile, but I plan to get back into it next week. Then I'll relate to you things in more detail, and perhaps we can help each other. I know another fellow who may be interested too. Sometimes help in the forums is hard to come by.

So, where do you live? I am just north of Kansas City in the USA.

Brother Gabriel-Marie

On 6/25/2012 3:13 PM, rlee923 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I got most of the web.config setup similar to what you have except the request filtering bit.

I will try this and let you know.

Thanks again!

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I live in Sydney Aus.

Yeah if I can't figure this out by soon, your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks !

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:13 AM
Mr. Lee,

Is that your name? Do you have TeamViewer? If not, maybe you can; we can talk and share screens. I have a licensed version.

Myself? I am a Catholic Religious Brother who works in the administration office for our order.

I will be very pleased to work with you on this neatupload - I want to get mine working too. All too often I feel like I am in a bubble with nobody to discuss things with!

Brother Gabriel-Marie

On 6/28/2012 7:47 PM, rlee923 wrote:

I live in Sydney Aus.

Thanks !

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Mr. Lee,

G'day, mate! I am having a problem. My users can upload the file okay to my custom upload temp directory - but it is encrypted and so when my page tries to move the file to the proper destination, it gets Access Denied unless it is me (super-admin). I can't find the right permissions to use in order to allow the file to get moved.

Any ideas?

Brother Gabriel-Marie

On 6/28/2012 7:47 PM, rlee923 wrote:

I live in Sydney Aus.

Thanks !

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Hi Gabriel-Marie

You have guessed it right. That's my last name. you can call me Ryan.

I have got this baby up to a certain stage now.

Let me know which part you are stuck and I might be able to help you.

Cheers.

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Hello, Ryan, I figured it out - I was using a custom temporary upload directory and needed to set permissions on THAT folder. Now it works like a charm. I even skinned it out with a nice diagonal pattern. How about yourself? Where are you with it all? Brother Gabriel-Marie ------------------------------------------------------------ On 7/3/2012 2:21 AM, rlee923 wrote: > > From: rlee923 > > Hi Gabriel-Marie > > You have guessed it right. That's my last name. you can > call me Ryan. > > I have got this baby up to a certain stage now. > > Let me know which part you are stuck and I might be able > to help you. > > Cheers. > > Read the full discussion online > . > > To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email > (neatupload@discussions.codeplex.com > ) > > To start a new discussion for this project, email > neatupload@discussions.codeplex.com > > > You are receiving this email because you subscribed to > this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe > > on CodePlex.com. > > Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from > emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be > available online at CodePlex.com >
Hello, Ryan,

I figured it out - I was using a custom temporary upload directory and needed to set permissions on THAT folder. Now it works like a charm.

I even skinned it out with a nice diagonal pattern.

How about yourself? Where are you with it all?

Brother Gabriel-Marie

On 7/3/2012 2:21 AM, rlee923 wrote:

Hi Gabriel-Marie

You have guessed it right. That's my last name. you can call me Ryan.

I have got this baby up to a certain stage now.

Let me know which part you are stuck and I might be able to help you.

Cheers.

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I have got it working pretty much, I have even modified javascript slightly to prevent file upload bigger than a limit.

I am just trying to maintain the files added and not uploaded. 

when postback occurs the list is nullified so I am trying to prevent it.

Let me know if you are having any other issue. 

Have a great one

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Mr. Lee,

What list are you referring to? You don't need to modify any javascript to prevent larger file uploads - I think you are supposed to do that in the web.config file.

Myself, I am using a custom solution to list files in the destination directory. It isn't based on NeatUpload, and works very well - it even provides links to re-download the files, and doesn't get lost on postbacks.

I can share that with you, but I'd prefer to email directly instead of using codeplex as a go-between. You know all of our emails here get posted in the forum, don't you?

My email is
b r g a b r i e l
with at domain of
s s p x
dot
o r g

Brother Gabriel-Marie

On 7/6/2012 2:34 AM, rlee923 wrote:

I have got it working pretty much, I have even modified javascript slightly to prevent file upload bigger than a limit.

I am just trying to maintain the files added and not uploaded.

when postback occurs the list is nullified so I am trying to prevent it.

Let me know if you are having any other issue.

Have a great one